Greene’s welcomes applications from potential tutors in all academic subjects as well as U.S. aptitude tests. Please apply using our online application form which you can access to clicking on the link at the base of this page. If you have any questions about any part of the form or for more information about tutoring for Greene’s please contact the Academic Director.
Acceptance as a tutor at Greene’s requires you to complete our application process that is intended to maintain the quality, integrity and professionalism of our tutor register. Greene’s works with both the NSPCC and the Oxfordshire Safeguarding Children Board to ensure that its recruitment process is fully Safer Recruitment compliant and all successful applicants will be required to undergo child protection checks.
The application process has a number of steps as follows:
1. Fill out the short online application form which you can access by following the link at the top of the page (as part of this form you will be asked to agree to Greene’s conditions of engagement for tutors). Please note that we are unable to applications not made through our online application form, however you do have the option to upload your C.V. as part of your application should you wish.
2. We will respond to your application shortly. (We aim to reply with one working day.) If we are interested in taking your application further you will be invited to attend an interview with the Academic Director or a member of his team. If you cannot attend in person, we may at our discretion invite you to a video interview. If we are unable to take your application further at this stage, we will write to you to inform you.
3. Prior to your interview we will ask you to complete a detailed online pre-interview questionnaire which will include providing us with the names of two referees.
4. Either at your interview or immediately following your interview, we will inform you of whether you have been successful in becoming a tutor.
5. Prior to starting tutoring for the College you will be required to complete the following:
a) Documentation compliance checks – we will ask you to provide us with a copy of your passport (and visa should it be applicable), your national insurance number and copies of your academic certificates and/or professional qualifications.
b) Safeguarding checks – we will ask you to provide us with your enhanced DBS certificate as well as certificates from any safeguarding or channel general awareness courses that you have undertaken. The College will also carry out its own additional safeguarding checks. If you do already have an enhanced DBS or if you have not completed any safeguarding or channel general awareness courses, we can assist you in completing these. Please be aware that there is a statutory fee of £52.16 for an enhanced DBS application. The safeguarding and channel general awareness courses are provided online for free by the Oxfordshire Safeguarding Children Board and the Metropolitan Police respectively.
c) Onboarding training – at your interview the Academic Director or a member of his team will explain to you the particular onboarding training that will apply given your particular experience and training needs. The training is based on familiarising you with our systems, procedures, policies and practices.
back to: Our tutors