Jobs & vacancies at Greene’s
Welcome to the Greene’s jobs page. We employ a wide range of people to support our academic reputation and as Oxford’s most established and oldest tutorial college.
Positions are generally based at our premises in central Oxford.
Our current jobs & vacancies are listed below with links through to more information about each position.
If you have any questions about any of the jobs listed or require any technical assistance with accessing or using the online jobs application form, please do not hesitate to contact us using the form at the bottom this page.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Examinations administrator and tuition coordinator
Start date: Immediate start
Greene's Tutorial College is seeking to appoint a reliable and diligent Examinations Officer & Tuition Coordinator to effectively administer all aspects of the College's examination provision. This includes public examinations – with sessions in November, January and May/June; the science practical A level endorsement and examinations; trial examinations; and proctoring services.
This role is the focal point for the administration and organisation of tuition services at Greene’s that support UK academic qualifications. Tuition can be provided for: (1) short courses for specific requirements; (2) supplementary tuition to support learning at another academic institution; and/or (3) on-going programmes of tuition for those taking UK academic qualifications and who are managing their studies by themselves – i.e. without the support of a Director of Studies. Tuition can either be face-to-face in Oxford or online; and the services provided can also include mock examinations, assessments and other forms of testing. Clients taking tuition services can also be taking public examinations; participating in group courses and other services that Greene’s may be offering.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will need a full DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check, which can be applied for once a job offer is made.
Desired skills and Experience
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of how effective processes help drive efficiency and deliver excellent customer service.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Very comfortable working in a digital environment across different platforms
- Knowledge of and passion for the difference education makes for young people
- Previous experience in the education sector
- Degree or equivalent preferred, minimum A-level qualifications
To apply, please complete this application form.
Closing date: 1st October.
Start date: Flexible.
Greene's Tutorial College seeks to appoint a term-time College Secretary to occupy a key administrative and ‘front of house’ position.
The post of College Secretary occupies a key administrative and ‘front of house’ position. He or she is responsible for the smooth functioning of the front office – currently in our building at 45, Pembroke Street – especially answering the telephone, opening the front door and careful monitoring of the coming and going of people into and out of the building to ensure the security of individuals, possessions and the property.
The College Secretary will also administer course bookings as well as offering reasonable administrative support as may be required.
The College Secretary will be in the front office between 9.00 a.m. and 5.30 p.m. – excluding between 1.00 and 2.00 p.m. when we are closed for lunch. Occasionally, he or she will be required to come in earlier in the morning (for example, 8 a.m. during examination sessions).
The College Secretary will be expected to make arrangements to cover for any absence and to coordinate their activities with the Registrar, and/or the Examinations Assistant and Tuition Coordinator.
Attitudes, values, skills and other requirements:
- Ability to communicate accurately in both written and spoken English
- Ability to thrive in a small business culture where flexibility and the ability to adapt
to change are paramount
- Excellent organisational and time management skills to plan and meet deadlines
- Genuine interest, desire and ability to deliver exemplary client service
- Ability to relate well to students with a good understanding of their needs
- Ability to build and maintain strong, long-lasting student & client relationships
- Ability to work in a way that promotes the safety and wellbeing of young people
- Positive attitude to work, attention to detail and pride in getting things right
- Ability to multi-task and to work under pressure with charm, tact and efficiency
- Excellent IT skills, specifically with proficiency and accuracy in Excel
- Helpful and friendly approach when working with a wide range of people
To apply, please complete this application form.
Greene’s provides a personal, exceptional and demanding academic experience that liberates students from a one-size-fits-all curriculum. All students have a personal academic plan, are taught using the tutorial method, join a leadership programme, have their own personal tutor and mentor and are expected and challenged to think.
Our commitment to the tutorial method of learning means that each student is taught individually or in small groups by tutors. At Greene’s development of the individual, pastoral care, leadership and learning go hand in hand. Greene’s is non-selective, and enrols students with a broad range of backgrounds, previous educational experiences & interests.
Students achieve the academic results, skills, values and behaviours they need for success in higher education and their careers.