Every aspect of modern life has a Geoscience connection, from building materials for the houses we live in to fuel for the cars we drive. Understanding climate change and considering options for the safe storage of nuclear waste are just two of today’s pressing problems that require a knowledge of Geoscience. It is truly a global science and includes, among many others, aspects of disciplines such as Biology, Geography, Environmental Science, Physics, Chemistry, Engineering, Resource Management and Government Policy.
Studying Geoscience will develop your understanding of how the process of long-term climate change has affected our Earth – shaping the world we live in and enabling us to anticipate future changes as this process accelerates. You will explore how current human activity is having an impact on our planet as well as how to manage this activity.
During the Greene’s Geoscience Diploma course you will:
work with outstanding tutors and world-class lecturers;
develop your interest in, and enthusiasm for, understanding the earth;
learn from the geological past, to understand better how to consider future resource use;
appreciate the finite nature of the earth’s resources and the need for geo-conservation;
benefit from exceptional fieldwork experience in the U.K., Portugal (the Azores) and the Ophiolite sequence in Oman;
appreciate how Geoscience can inform governments to structure policies and make decisions regarding use of the earth’s resources; and
develop the critical skills needed to succeed at university and in your career.
Geoscience Diploma annual fees
|Registration fee (non-refundable)||£300|
|English language (IELTS)||£5,250|
|Accommodation (host family)||£8,750-£15,750|
|Tier 4 visa supplement for international students (Non-EU)||£1,675|
Our Geoscience Diploma fees include:
- The initial academic assessment and study plan;
- Sixteen tutorials per week;
- Field work in the U.K., Oman and Portugal (Azores)
- Subject-related seminars;
- Your research project;
- Your video documentary
- Seven tutorials per week of EFL tuition (as a supplement);
- Your own Personal Development Programme (PDP)
- Personal Tutor support and guidance, including a formal weekly meeting;
- University advice and careers guidance;
- Use of the Greene’s Geoscience common room;
- The Student Online Resource, including timetabling and feedback information, accessible to students and parents.
Geoscience supplementary EFL package
|Geoscience Diploma supplementary packages||Course fee|
|Geoscience EFL programme||£5,250|
back to: Studying at Greene’s